Saturday, February 25, 2012

Electronics Work without a Hitch - (when you do not need them)

                                                                 
                                                                    Maasai
Did you ever have one of those days where there is no room, time or space  for errors and everything electronic that you touch goes Wham-o ! The printer stops talking to the computer and decides that it hates the new paper that was  just loaded; the print wheels decide that they need to clean themselves for 15 minutes. (I have an automatic clean myself printer) Well, the last two days  deserve to be nominated  as classics in this area. I worked with my photographer yesterday-- we had everything set  -- or so I thought.  Five minutes after leaving his house, I realized that I had left my flash drive. So with little time to spare, I returned to his house to retrieve it. Needless to say , I had an appointment elsewhere which I was pushing the envelope on for time. This miss- step was the sign of impending doom.

I got the flash drive yesterday and returned home-as I planned my next two busy days in my head. I was ready to rock and roll today.  Get all the  good stuff done !! Correct inventories,do the books-- you understand and clean because I am expecting out of town company, Sunday.  Low -  and be hold , you guessed it-all the pictures that we had worked on so diligently yesterday for size, settings and color were not on my  flash drive. Especially, the ones  that I needed to apply electronically to a show.  I discovered this as I was applying to a show on line.  E- mail pending send.   So,  off  I went back to my photographers to get the saved picture files off of his computer. I waited impatiently as he uploaded  files in all the correct sizes on my flash drive.  Back I went  to complete my tasks.  I started the upload- picture one- great, picture two great, picture three - part of the new doomed  series - wrong- format- which I found out AFTER I pressed send !!. You do get the picture--Electronics only work well   WHEN  NOT  NEEDED!


There must be some kind of special Murphy's Electronic LAW that exists in my studio and only comes into play when I have deadlines!!

I have to go back again tomorrow-to get the upload for my flash  and rush to  hang a show in Kansas before 3:00.  Did I mention that the site for the show is an hour from my house in Lee's Summit and my photographer is 20 minutes from me  ??  I have a 10:00 am appoint with the photographer. This should be fun to see what happens tomorrow !

Consequently,  I can only share one picture here,  Maasai.  No, he does not have on red; they really do sometimes wear blue.

Namaste,

Erlene

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain! Can't live with them and can't do business without them; We've been having electronic issues as well. I can tell you this, though. Murphy seems like a saint compared to having all my computers and backup hard drives stolen at the train station here in Paris. We are grateful for the people here who have surrounded us with care, concern and help.

    ReplyDelete